Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A non-angry post (mostly)

So, to update my life... I have become engaged to my lovah. This means my family of 2 will be a family of 4 starting June 16, 2012. I couldn't be more thrilled! A lot of the planning is done already, which is a huge weight off my shoulders! DBD will be paying me the $1,200 he owes in back child support soon (HOPEFULLY!!), so I can pay off some things for the wedding, which will also help! Then we just pick at things until taxes, then pay off everything but catering, which isn't due until a month after the wedding. The only thing that makes me kinda sad is that there will be no best man/maid of honor. And it sucks explaining to people that the reason is because I don't have anyone close enough to me to be it. My sister will be a bridesmaid.... but she's lucky to be that. She's lucky I talk to her... hell, she's lucky I didn't get her ass arrested and thrown in prison 6 years ago like I should have. BUT, I am the eternal doormat and I will let anyone do anything to me and put a smile on my face, then blame myself. But, frankly, she is the most evil sadistic person on Earth, and underneath all the gooey family stuff... I hate her. Not dislike or anything, I HATE her. She ruined my life. She did things to me that make me hate her more than DBD who left me 4 months pregnant and won't pay child support until he's faced with jail, I hate her more than the abusive ex, I hate her more than my rapist for fuck's sake. Why is she in my wedding? Why do I talk to her? Why did I not ever lock her in the garage with the car running? Well, we didn't have a garage. And I am a firm believer in karma and that family is important. Hell, I love my dad to death.... even though he beat the shit out of me growing up, all the way up until he put that loaded .44 in my face and threatened to kill the both of us because I went for the bottle of Tylenol, intent on taking the whole damn thing. But I am Daddy's Girl and I love him and he made me into the tough cookie I am today!

In other news, I have wonderful news with my endo! My IUD migrated to the lower part of my uterus, making my birth control completely non-existent. NOT PREGGO, just to get that out of the way. But, since this happened, I have a regular non-heavy period, my face (mostly) cleared up, I lost 5 pounds, and the pain is almost gone. I get cramps again, but they are manageable. I think for the past 3+ years, birth control has been my problem. I was put back on Depo like 2 weeks after Izzy was born. Other than when I was pregnant, I have been on birth control non-stop for the past 7-8 years. I am beginning to think being preggo "fixed" my endo, or at least did something for it, and the birth control has been fucking it up. So, I am going to get my IUD completely removed and go without and just be careful until after the wedding. Get an ovulation tester thingy and use it for the opposite of what it's intended for haha. I've been having my period for over 13 years, no clue when I ovulate, no clue when I'm "supposed" to get my period, no clue how long my cycle is, nothing. It's quite frustrating!

So The Goob started Head Start a couple weeks ago! I can't believe it, I thought she was a baby still! Week 2 and she already got a note sent home for biting, though :( I am keeping the note and bringing it to her behavioral appointment on the 30th. The teacher said she bit 2 students in one day. Neither time was out of anger or anything, it was a case of someone being in Goob's space. She doesn't handle others in her space at all, and she will let you know in no uncertain terms, when you've crossed into her space. I am so excited that her appointment is coming up so soon finally! After speaking with several mothers with children who have autism, the general consensus is that she definitely needs to be screened because she acts almost exactly like their children. This is a nice, refreshing reaction to some that I have been getting. Now, I am not saying she has it by any means. All I want is an answer. I would like to know why she hurts herself, why she kicks a hole in the wall and doesn't even feel it, why she needs to be under everything, why she throws violent tempers, why she's so violent with everyone, things like that. I don't think I'm doing a terrible job raising her, I think I'm a fairly decent parent. She is 3 now, and I still have to plan things around her, I can't bring her anywhere. I can't even bring her to Walmart anymore because she'll throw a fit and attack my lovah's daughter. I feel like a total failure of a mother because I can't control her.

One thing that The Goob is thriving in is gymnastics. She... is... AMAZING! She actually listens pretty well (the same as the other 3 kids), but she is a complete natural. She gets it the first time (mostly), and barely needs help from her teacher. We are actually headed there in a half an hour! It's really going to give her a great outlet for her sensory stuff, in my opinion. She's doing 100% better than she was in dance class, and she loves going. I will keep her in gymnastics as long as I possibly can, as long as she is having fun and enjoys it!

1 comment:

  1. Good post!
    Two things:
    1.If you don't like your sister don't have her in your wedding, no one would blame you at all. I only had Luke and Liz for family stand up in my wedding because it's who I felt closest to. And we didn't have a maid of honor or best man either.
    and 2. I wouldn't rely on opks alone. They only tell you if you ovulated. You can conceive before you actually get a positive. I'm an OPK pro so feel free to ask if you have any Qs :D

    Oh and also, I'm glad Goob is rocking her gymnastics!

    ReplyDelete